– Socket Shield Technique
– Pontic Shield Technique
– Root Submergence Technique
Dr. Howard Gluckman
- Ph.D. Partial Extraction Therapy: Past, Present and Future, Szeged University, Hungary
- DDS & Postgraduate Diploma in Implantology, University of Stellenbosch & University of Western Cape, SA
- Private Clinic in Cape Town, SA
- Director, Implant & Aesthetic Academy, SA
- Immediate Past President, South African Society for Dental Implantology
- Diplomat, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Board Member, Southern African Association of Osseointegration
- Dental XP Expert Panel & Scientific Board Member
The Partial Extraction Kit has been developed specifically to make the Partial Extraction Therapy Techniques more achievable. The step by step process helps to standardize the procedure to enable faster and more predictable results. The development of the kit was made possible through research which highlighted the complications associated with the techniques.
The internal and external shield exposure are the main complications associated with socket shield and pontic shield. The use for the PET kit has specific drills that enable the simple reduction of the shield without damage to the adjacent mucosa as well as preparation of the chamfer below the bone level in order to create the prosthetic space necessary for ideal soft tissue healing over the shield.
The large round diamonds are ideal for both socket shield as well as Root Submergence Technique. The size of the round drills allows fast and easy reduction of the roots to the ideal position reducing treatment time and achieving predictability.